Sunday, 17 June 2012

Poppa

Little B and his Poppa spent a rare day hanging out together today which was well timed with Father's Day. My two boys spending time together isn't usually a rare occurrence as Mr B often works from home for good long stints. But he's been away now for about six weeks and with two more to go, we're  missing him like crazy. Come back Poppa Biddle. We love you.

B bought his Dad this picture book by one of my favourite children's illustrators, Anthony Browne. And very sweetly, whenever B opens up the first page, he gives the Dad in the picture a kiss. B's very into kissing at the moment and long may it last. Tonight as I rocked him before placing him into his cot, he kept lifting his head up from where it was resting on my shoulder and offering his little mouth up for one more kiss. It made my heart melt.

3 comments:

  1. I love Anthony Browne's books! They're very popular with my toddler too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seem to be a lot of dads away at the moment. must be hard. not long to go now. gosh, when they start wanting kisses it's the best thing - it's only what we deserve after smothering them in kisses since they were born. hope it lasts! x

    ReplyDelete