Tuesday, 24 April 2012

KCWC Day One

Elsie Marley's Kids Clothing Week Challenge for Spring 2012 began yesterday - where crafty Mommas (and perhaps the odd Poppa too) pledge to do one hour of sewing a day for one week, all to make garments for their children. The Elsie Marley Flickr group is well worth taking a peek at if you're interested in making clothes for little ones - full of fab inspiration.
I've taken part before but as I noticed the event in my diary yesterday, I suddenly realised that taking part this week is going to be tricky. Now I'm back to work, sewing has to take a back seat as my family and my work have to be my main priority. Freelancing means that at the moment I'm mostly working from home getting prepped for projects later in the year. So, whilst Mr B is also having a patch of working from home, we alternate childcare through the day. We eat breakfast as a family and then one of us takes Little B in the morning whilst the other works. Then after a family lunch, we swap until dinnertime. It's been working really well but in two weeks, Mr B heads off on tour and then I'll need to squeeze all work into nap and after bed times. So I'm on a mission to get as much work done as possible before Mr B goes (and should be doing less blogging too!).

I think my own Kids Clothing Week Challenge might need to take place once Mr B goes away but I did at least get a couple of patterns cut out last night, so it's a start. Both Oliver + S patterns, I thought I'd have a go at the Sailboat Top in this lovely paper airplanes fabric, and also try making Little B his own rucksack for when we got away for the night.

2 comments: