Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Babar et les Ballons

I finally found a frame to fit the Babar poster we picked up last summer in The Print Room in Bath. I love this poster as it reminds me of the Bristol Balloon Fiesta which happens every August here in the South West of England. I also love hot air balloons - seeing them sail silently across the sky, hanging in the air like coloured baubles. 
The frame came from our local Oxfam and was originally a nasty blue wood colour. So I got out our trusty pot of Farrow & Ball Babouche yellow (we are a bit obsessed with it at the moment) and three coats helped to make the blue vanish. I accidentally stepped on the glass so the poster is just framed as it is without a covering, but to be honest, it was probably a happy accident as it is now a much lighter object to hang on our creaky old walls. It now brightens up a dark corner in Little B's ever evolving nursery.

2 comments: