Thursday, 23 February 2012

River Cottage Baby & Toddler Cookbook

Little B's food adventures are galloping apace. He's a fruit man, and like his Momma, I think he'd happily pop a whole punnet of raspberries down his gullet without a second thought. A while back, I blogged about buying this book - The River Cottage Baby & Toddler Cookbook. Now B has basically forced out and out baby led weaning on us (more on his spoon refusal to come), I turned to this book and I have to say it's the best recipe book I've ever used. We've tried probably a third of the recipes now - some old classics like toad-in-the-hole and some new things like Courgette Polpette. And it's utterly brilliant. Despite the lack of seasoning, every dish we try from it is yummy for all three of us. Ignore the fact it say baby and toddler on the front. I would recommend this book to any family with any age of children, or even if you don't have any kids. It has made cooking for our family of three a joy.

Here's my asparagus & spring onion frittata made using a recipe from the book which little B loves.

1 comment: