Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Jim Henson is my hero

When me and my sister were little, we were huge fans of both Sesame Street and The Muppets. In fact I cried when the last ever Muppet Show was aired! Every Christmas we attempt to watch Muppet's Christmas Carol together - altogether now ... "after all there's only one more sleep 'til Christmas" and I have fond memories of attending a fab Jim Henson exhibition in Bradford as a teenager.

So I was super excited to see this trailer for a new movie documentary coming out which looks fabaroo - Being Elmo - about the guy who created and puppeteers Elmo. How cool would it be to work on Sesame Street? He seems so lovely.


Sesame Street now has a whole channel on youtube and some of mine and little sister's favourite videos are classic clips featuring the puppets interviewing children. John John is a real favourite. Here he is in action ...


And it's worth looking at some of the singers who have gone on like Nora Jones singing Don't Know Why Y didn't come and Feist singing 1, 2, 3, 4 I love the number four. Brilliant.



I can't wait for Baby Biddle to join us in our Muppet Christmas viewing. Perhaps I'll manage to create some Jim Henson inspired cakes that look as good as these to accompany our festive film fun.
Image from pinterest
Image from www.cococakecupcakes.blogspot.com 
Image from www.cococakecupcakes.blogspot.com

1 comment: