Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Tate Books

I've bought a couple of beautiful children's books from Amazon recently, which when they've arrived, I've realised are both published by Tate. They feature the most beautiful illustrations, and I plan that when Baby Biddle is older, we'll create some of those display bookshelves so that his eye catching books can be displayed with the covers facing out.


When I Was Born by Isabel Minhos Martins and Madalena Matoso almost reduced me to tears. It lists all the many things that a baby has never experienced before it enters the world. It really made me think about all the beauty and adventures and treasures in the world which I can't wait to share with our little boy when he arrives.


"When I was born I had never seen the sun or a flower or a face. I didn't know anybody and nobody knew me."


My First Nursery Book by Franciszka Themerson was first published in 1947 but has been out of print for over sixty years. The book tells a handful of classic nursery stories and the vintage illustrations still look so completely fresh and modern, with beautiful choices of colour and layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment