Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Rompers for the Rascal

Come out, Baby Biddle, come out. We want to meet you. The boy is staying firmly put inside my belly so I've continued to sew for him.

I bought this New Look baby pattern (No. 6970) a while back to make infant rompers with. The pattern is suitable for new borns and babies up to 24lbs.


I bought some retro look baby vests from Mothercare in browns, yellows and reds, with motifs of little ducks on them, and wanted something to go over the top. So I decided to make the rompers out of this soft lemon-curd coloured ticking which I bought at the Shepton Mallet Flea Market.


The rompers turned out surprisingly vintage looking - I think they are reminiscent of old 50s bathing costumes! And once again, using a pattern created such a professional level of finish. I don't know why I'm so surprised by this but it's no wonder I've got a bit hooked on patterns over the last couple of weeks. I'm definitely to aiming to make more of these rompers, plus they have poppers in between the legs so they're practical too. I might even make some as a christening outfit.

2 comments:

  1. so cute! love the colour x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am totally feeling ya! Commercial boys clothes suck. Vintage patterns and style is the way forward. I'm so excited about this blog and will definately be following from now on. And darling romper by the way...

    ReplyDelete