Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Kids Clothing Week Challenge ... a tad late

I just became aware that last week was the Kids Clothing Week Challenge through the lovely Handmade at Home blog (click this link to check out the gorgeous rainbow striped cardigan fellow blogger Kelly knitted for her daughter Little O).


Started by blogger and crafter Elsie Marley, the idea is that you spend an hour every evening for seven days making clothes for your children (and you can share your efforts on her flickr group). Well I've missed this year's KCWC but I've been making an effort to catch up this week instead! I haven't been sticking to an hour a day - more like several hours until Baby Biddle wriggles too much in my belly for me to sit at the machine.

So first up, I decided to have a go at using proper patterns. I started with a really easy one from Burda Easy (No. 9772) for a little pair of baby trousers. The smallest size was for ages 6 months so it'll be a little while before the Biddle Bump will wearing these, but I'm really chuffed with how they turned out and using the pattern was much easier than I'd thought. So I'll try something a little more complex next time.


The bright red soft corduroy came Millie Moon in Frome, and the lovely illustrated linen ribbon, which I edged the pocket in, came from The Makery Emporium in Bath. 

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the link! these are very sweet, they look very comfy, the sort of trousers that will get a lot of use
    kellyx

    ReplyDelete