Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Fabrics Old & New

The charity shops of Bath aren't that great - It's much harder to find bargain treasures in these here parts. But occasionally, they come up trumps, and I was delighted to find these bold and bright retro children's curtains (70s? 80s?) for £3.50.


I've also been on a new fabric buying frenzy, picking up some fabulous prints, all with a juvenile theme, from Fancy Moon and Fabric Rehab - two fantastic online fabric suppliers with lots of imports from America and Japan.

There's a strong fairground & circus theme to my buying ...


And well loved stories and nursery rhymes feature too ...


But my absolute favourite recent fabric purchase has to be this of Cossack Girls with brightly coloured balloons, printed on linen by Kokka (of course). This photo does not do the fabric justice. I'm a sucker for anything with balloons on and I adore this print. Now I just have to work out what to make with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment