Monday, 4 April 2011

Vintage Baby Gifts

Huge congratulations go to my dear friend and fellow blogger The Vintage Bride, and her lovely husband, on the arrival of their baby Milo. You can take a peek at his gorgeousness on her blog by clicking here. Mr Biddle and I went to meet him on Friday and we were particularly excited because it's now only seven weeks until our due date and we look forward to seeing Milo and Baby Biddle play together as they grow up.

Of course a trip to visit a new baby wouldn't be complete without presents and we chose some suitably vintage and homemade gifts for such funky parents with retro tastes.


I picked up this little children's chair at GB Antiques in Lancaster last month. I won't divulge how much it was as The Vintage Bride reads this blog but needless to say it was a steal. The original paint was a horrid reddish wood stain so we bought a pot of Farrow and Ball paint in Babouche (which is a bit more buttery and sunny in colour than these photos represent) and Mr Biddle got to work repainting the chair.


To go with it, I also picked up some wooden vintage looking alphabet bricks - randomly I found them in a tiny post office, also in Lancaster. But they came in a horrible, cheap box so I made a start on my first project from the fabulous oliver + s little things to sew book by Liesl Gibson which came out in March. If you're a crafty momma or poppa, buy this book. It's ace - beautifully designed and illustrated, and the projects are really well described and laid out. It's the best craft book I've come across.


This bag was created from the 'Juggling Balls & Drawstring Bag' project. I embroidered the new arrival's name onto the bottom fabric panels of the bag before stitching all the parts together.


The Vintage Bride has a beautiful white washed nursery for Milo with flashes of colour and a bit of a cowboy theme running through it, hence the vintage cowboy fabric.


Apart from the odd dodgy bit of sewing, I was really chuffed with how the bag turned out, and the Vintage Family were very happy with their gifts. I wish them all well in the coming months and years.

No comments:

Post a Comment