Sunday, 13 March 2011

Vintage Children's Furniture

I'm still in Lancaster. Mr B is 200 miles away at home watching Rugby and eating roast pork (sob sob) so I've been enjoying a very quiet Sunday all by myself and making the most of it - once Baby Biddle arrives there won't be too many of these left in my life. 

I popped down to GB Antiques Centre which is in Lancaster Leisure Park. If you're in the area, this place is well worth spending an hour. It is a giant warehouse filled with the wares of 140 different antique and furniture dealers, and all at really decent prices. Entry is £1.50 and it's open every single day apart from Christmas day from 10am until 5pm.


On this occasion I had my mummy brain in gear so was on the look out for vintage juvenile goodies. I found a large number of antique metal rocking horses, as well as vintage toys, furniture, books and clothes. 


If you do find yourself making a trip via Lancaster to GB Antiques, I also highly recommend a walk around Williamson Park which is practically next door and is really beautiful, with stunning views across Morecambe Bay to the Lake District. Also, the centre is at the very start of the road which goes through the Trough of Bowland - one of the most stunning parts of the UK but because it's in Pennine Lancashire, people think the whole place must be filled with mills so it's quite undiscovered. Have a lovely lunch at The Inn at Whitewell and visit the untouched Downham Village where Whistle Down the Wind was filmed.


I might have to go back for this little children's deck chair from the 1950s. The fabric on it is really worn and faded, but the frame was in great condition and with new fabric, it would look really cute in our back garden.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I wanna go there! Can we go when I come up to see Little Voice? xxx

    ReplyDelete