Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Vintage Baby Clothes

FACT: Northern vintage and charity shops are far and away better than pretty much anything the South has to offer. Sorry Southern vintage hunters - I now live down here too, but time and again I come away with armfuls of thrifty goodies during trips back North and yet struggle to find anything decent and cheap South of the Midlands. I can prove this theory after extensive research carried out over the last decade. But in the interests of fairness, I'm prepared to disclose some of my top Northern vintage secrets with you on this blog.

My trip up North last week took in a stop at Revival, a fantastic and extremely reasonable vintage shop on Warner Street in Accrington.


In the past I've had some of the most exquisite dresses and blouses from here, without any blemishes, and always under the £30 mark. The same pieces would be at least triple the price in London. And this week, I made my first proper vintage baby purchases there in the form of these gorgeous 1950s romper suits.


The red set features a dainty bird motif, a good dollop of red gingham and buttons up the back.


The yellow set has a lovely motif of an elephant. I love the way the bottoms are buttoned onto the tops.


Both romper sets cost £7.50 each - bargain. Although I think they may have to remain as wall decoration as I don't think Mr B will be too keen to have his mini-me running around in these. Perhaps I can convince him for the Christening!

Whilst on the subject of vintage baby clothes, I have to share with you this antique bib which was my Grandfather's. It needs a bit of TLC but it is nearly 100 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment