Saturday, 19 February 2011

Paddington Patchwork

As readers who follow my other blog will know, I've been in a cushion making frenzy over the last week. I've been creating new soft furnishings for me and Mr B, and so I felt it was only fair to create a little cushion for the baby bump too.


Recently, I've been teaching myself to do hexagonal patchwork by piecing over paper. This is my first finished project. So these hexagons became ...


... a little child friendly cushion, using vintage Paddington fabric, the red houses fabric I had in my nursery as a child and Kokka's Little Red Riding Hood fabric, mixed in with some different spotty materials I had in my pile.



I like how well it goes with the little Robin & Mould cushion I picked up at Holly Anna in Frome. Perfect for Baby Biddle's nursery - we hope he'll always dream big.

1 comment:

  1. These cushions are gorgeous! I especially love Paddington Bear and how you have used the fabric that you had in your nursery!

    ReplyDelete