Saturday, 22 January 2011

Site for Sore Eyes: Jane Foster's Blog

I keep coming across fab websites and blogs featuring gorgeous things for little people which make me want to whip out the sewing machine or the debit card in an attempt to replicate. So I'm going to start featuring them, every so often, as Sites for Sore Eyes. Here's the first one.

Jane Foster is an illustrator based in Devon, who combines screen printing skills with a love of vintage fabrics, especially from the 60s and 70s, to create beautifully bright and bold toys, cushions, cards and prints. There's a real Scandinavian influence to her work and it's not surprising that companies such as Clothkits and Habitat use her designs.

All images taken from Jane Foster's Blog
I love the above green house print cushion - my sister and I had this same early 80s Habitat print in red in our bedrooms as children. My sister still has the pillow cases so I might have to steal those when she's not looking to run up some cushions for Baby Biddle.


I love Jane's use of vintage Dick Bruna fabric in her work. I love the simplicity and style of his drawings so I'll be keeping an eye out for second hand Miffy duvets in charity shops from now on.


This is such a lovely layout of fabrics for a quilt. Quilts are so often created in pastels and pale shades, or twee, old-fashioned prints, so this has inspired me to have a go at a much more bold design for my future quilting.


The contrast of fabrics in these bunny rabbits is such fun. They make me smile. If they make you smile, Jane also has a website, an Etsy shop and sells through Not on the High Street too.

No comments:

Post a Comment